Dimpler Grinder – fast and reliable mechanical method of pre-thinning to near electron transparency to greatly reduce your ion milling times and uneven thinning.
– Pre-thin to near electron transparency (in some cases to electron transparency) to greatly reduce ion milling times and uneven thinning
– Produce quality transmission electron microscope (TEM) specimens that have a large central area only a few microns thick surrounded by a robust outer rim to eliminate special handling techniques for fragile specimens
– Create an exceptionally smooth surface to reduce surface irregularities developing in the final ion beam thinning operation, while increasing the yield of the electron transparent area
– Attain accurate depth and thickness adjustment control to within 1 µm using analog dial indicator
– Intuitive setup and operation—lower the grinding wheel, adjust the micrometer to the desired final thickness, then begin dimpling